Sunday, April 3, 2011

A Little Bit More Than: A First Start

So this is my first blog post, ever. I don't think I would have otherwise even thought about doing this if it hadn't have seen the following challenges. I'm going to try and do these over the next 30 days and who knows I may keep it up after that. I don't suspect anyone will really read these in depth; however, if they so choose to I hope it's not too boring.




Challenge: Day 1
Describe A Little About Yourself, And 5 Ways To Steal Your Heart

Describe a little about myself? Sounds a little generic. I could talk about long walks on the beach, or how much I like when it's raining but these are all things I would say in a Match.com ad. (Something that I'm not really in need of) It's difficult to think of something clever and witty when describing yourself because you don't want to sound lame and you don't want to sound like you're trying too hard. I wonder how one would accomplish 'real'... I'm going to try. 
          I, in fact, do like walks on the beach but not long ones. The way the sand kicks up on the back of my legs was never appealing, not to mention when you get home from the beach sand miraculously appears in the most random places causing you to question if you walked on the beach or did you swim in the sand.  I also love when it's raining. There's something symbolic and peaceful about rain I still have yet to pin point. The way it sounds or the way it washes everything away.
   LEARNING: Growing up, school was not something I looked forward to attending. Honestly I had no passion for learning. Now, as an "emerging adult" I find that learning is all I really have to fall back on. I feel accomplished when I learn something new. College is hard enough knowing what you want to do and trying to "shoot" for it. Try not knowing what you want to do and shooting for it all. Impossible but fun.  In short, I'm pretty but not gorgeous. I love to cook and shop. School is now a passion. Love is imperative. And my dogs are every bit a part of me as my legs and my arms. It's difficult describing oneself to the masses. How am I to know what they want to hear and what they care absolutely nothing about? I personally don't want to hear about every detail of your life so why would you want to hear about mine? And I don't know you, but maybe in getting to know just a little bit about me you find out something (however small) about yourself. It happens. 

5 Ways To Win My Heart
1. They say women are lying when they claim that something important in significant other is a sense of humor. For me, it's completely true. It's very possible to win my heart by making me laugh uncontrollably. Humor is a skill not everyone is equipped with.  The ability to make someone laugh is a skill that I cherish. I know that if you can make me laugh when I'm happy then you'll be able to make me smile when I'm sad. Also, it's interesting to know that those who laugh more than those who don't are more healthy. This puts a whole new meaning to the term "healthy relationship".

2. Chivalry is not dead, people are just getting lazy.  I have an open door policy and that means if you see a door you open it. That goes for opportunities all the way to if you're taking me out every door seen should be opened before I get to it. This is just common courtesy shows you're putting me ahead of yourself in both metaphor and literal sense. Pulling out the chair, arriving on time, picking up the tab... these may sound trivial but trust me, to women it's what makes or breaks you. 

3. An intellect, unlike my own. I like to think that I'm decently intelligent in my own way. I may not know how to fix a radiator or repair my computer but I know a lot about child development, psychology, a growing amount of anatomy, and a vast knowledge on pop culture and television. Being a boring person is not something I feel I will have to worry about anytime soon, if you want to "win my heart" being boring is not a trait I take lightly. Knowing how to play an instrument, or work out is super cute because I don't know how to do those things. I'll feel like being with you betters myself. 

4.  I love my dogs, a little more than most would consider necessary. Having a passion defines you, though. It makes you who you are. I know, if you have a passion there's always something we will have to talk about. This, kind of, goes hand in hand with number 3 but I feel it's worth mentioning. Winning someone's heart is no easy game. If the person see's that your passionate about something it gives them hope that you have the ability to be passionate about them.  

5. Be Who You Are. You could be a person who does all the right things, takes me to all the right places, and whispers all the right words but if the connection isn't there, then it isn't there. You can't pretend to be someone you're not. If you're sense of humor is lacking don't attempt to tell a joke because it's noticeable. It's sweet that you were willing to change but in the long run all you're setting yourself up for is disappointment, not just for you but for the person you were deceiving as well.  The "Ways To Win My Heart" I think is kind of a crock. When you fall for someone it just happens. The things I listed above are traits and my ideas of a person I feel I would fall the quickest for, but it's not set in stone, or exact. Love, relationships, even friendships can not be categorized in to a exact science. As Dr. Suess once cleverly wrote " Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."




No comments:

Post a Comment